Monitoring your website’s pageviews and visitors to see how much traffic and where it’s coming from is important. But, discovering how, or if, your website is actually helping you grow your business is much more important.
So, what should you be tracking?
There are some metrics that every business, regardless of its size, goals or industry, should be tracking, and they include:
- Traffic Sources
- Bounce Rates
- Conversion Rates (visitor to lead, lead to customer)
- Leads (where do they come from? and what do they want?)
- Trial signups (practice accounts, free trials etc)
- Account creations (new customers)
- User Demographics
- Network Referrals
- Search Engine Ranking
- Newsletter signups (expressions of interest)
- White paper downloads (expressions of interest)
- Ebook downloads (expressions of interest)
Using Google Analytics
Google Analytics is in constant evolution, with new tools and features being added by the search giant almost constantly.
This makes setting up (and optimising) Google Analytics a real challenge for most businesses. Properly ensuring you are tracking these key business drivers though is essential if you want to learn how well your site is supporting your business goals.
And this is where our Website Analytics package comes in. Most businesses either don’t have the in-house expertise to do this themselves, or if they do often work with an external analytics expert to provide guidance.
Is it time to track your website and find out how well its serving your business goals?
Here’s how we can help:
An Analytics Assessment is a health check for your Google Analytics account configuration as well as for technical site issues that can result in unreliable data.
You will benefit from an Analytics Assessment if you:
- Already have a Google Analytics account
- Are not confident the data in your account is accurate and reliable
- Want to know how Google Analytics can help grow your business
- Want peace of mind that the data you have is reliable and actionable
What checks are included?
- Are you tracking the correct goals for your business?
- Correct tracking of ecommerce revenue
- Is the tracking code correctly added to all pages?
- Are you using the correct profile settings?
- Are you using filters correctly?
- Funnel setup
- Is your account correctly linked to Adwords?
- Usage of site search
- Correct marketing campaign tagging
- Most other issues preventing accurate data capture
What do I get from an Analytics Assessment?
Your completed assessment document will give you a comprehensive overview of what’s wrong with your account, and a detailed breakdown of the steps required to fix these errors. Sometimes a business will choose to implement the fixes/changes themselves but most ask us to implement them (see Account Setup) due to the complexity of the task.
Analytics Assessment Costs
For most websites, between 5 and 100 pages, our Website Analytics service is offered at a fixed price of GBP 99. For larger websites, the price may be slightly higher so please contact us directly for a quote.
Account Setup & Optimisation
Setting up Google Analytics correctly is a challenge for even seasoned marketers, what with the constant developments and upgrades Google releases.
With our dedicated account setup and optimisation service, we provide you with a smooth, reliable custom installation that tracks all of your business key business goals and generates intelligent actionable reports. These weekly or monthly reports shed light on new sales and lead generation opportunities, website enhancements and technical improvements to be made to your site.
You might benefit from Account Setup & Optimisation if you:
- Already have Google Analytics installed but want to reap the benefits of a full, tailored implementation that reflects your business goals
- Haven’t already installed Google Analytics but want to start benefiting from the intelligence that GA can bring
- Want instant, easy access to your data and management reports of KPIs
- Want profiles created suited to your business and best practices
- Want the entire installation and report setup managed by experts
What’s included in the Account Setup & Optimisation?
- Google Analytics implementation based on your business needs
- Dashboard view set up to focus on key performance indicators
- Analytics code provided to your developers (or installed by us if you have a WordPress website)
- Installation by our expert Google Analytics team
- Customised, automated weekly or monthly reporting setup and distribution
What do I get from Account Setup & Optimisation?
When you take the Google Analytics Account Setup & Optimisation you will get these three essential deliverables:
- If you have already commissioned us to create your analytics assessment, this will contain all the errors/issues we have found in your existing set up, and our recommendations on how to fix/amend these issues. If you haven’t ordered an Analytics Assessment (you might not have analytics installed on your site yet), then your Account Setup & Optimisation will focus on a fresh installation suited to your business.
- This document contains the instructions for your developers of what changes are required to your website and its code to optimize and fix your analytics setup. If you have a WordPress site, we can implement these changes for you (at no extra cost)!
- The final stage of the setup and optimisation process is where we do the work of setting up your Google Analytics account, according to the needs of your business and best practices.
During this stage, we set up:
- Goal creation
- Funnel setup
- Profile creation (standard, main, raw and internal traffic but can extend this for other specific areas like PPC, social, SEO, etc. if required)
- Filters to remove internal traffic (and any other traffic sources that might corrupt your data)
- Account access roles
- Weekly or monthly reporting and distribution
Once these three stages have been completed, you will receive you final deliverable: a tailored and optimised Google Analytics Account to give you the insights you need to grow your business!
Choose an SEO Package that’s right for your business
Get found in local searches to capture your customers when they are at the buying stage.
Great starter kit for new businesses as well as companies looking to boost visitor numbers.
Made for small to medium businesses looking to grow their brand & customer base nationally and locally.